SINGAPORE 1st BLADE RUNNER

Total Pageviews

DAILY WRITE UP!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

ADIDAS SUNDOWN MARATHON 2010.

My Journey to beat the sunrise



friends from UK and US


our Pit Stop



with Rita Bidin


with Sam Chong


with Adam 1armrunner



we are brothers


with Patrick and our SIS team


with Adam and Salehan


with Salehan


starting and ending point


at the starting point 3mins to start


Let's GO!


LETS GO! sprint 50 meter at the starting point


near 3km Avation Park Road


at Changi Coast Road


my first loop 42km to Pit Stop

Wake up at 10am after watching late night movie "King Kong"

Had 1st sac of Xango before breakfast. Took walnut Country Loaf and a cup of black coffee. This afternoon wedding invitation i won't be attending but will be sending my family to be the reprensitive. It's time for me to relax my mind and keep hydrating myself.

Left home at about 1.30pm to Changi Village and from there i will took a cab to Changi Avation Park where the race will be held.

Arrived at event site around 3.15pm and meet up with few of my friends all the way from UK and US.

Had my 2nd sac of Xango and hydrating GO Electrolyte. Took i small box of corn flakes for lunch.

With my foreigner friends, we change ourself at the Pit shop and later meet up again with other runners from Taiwan, Malaysian, Morocco and many more also took photo with Adam1armrunner. Meet up with Sam Chong, Rita Bidin, Mohan, Munira, Jason, Singh, Lincon and many more. At the SIS booth took pic of myself and goup photos.

I had my 1km warm up run and streched up my fully body and after it is done, so this is the moment that i had been wating for the past 1 year. Entering to the Ultra gate. My mind and body is still strong.

At the starting point had a short prayer and can feel the "ring of fire" in my body.

Meet up again with Adam at the starting point and went the gun down we sprint 50 meter and start to slow run all the way. I told him to proceed first as he is dam fast while for me i just want to have an easy run.

OMG! the first 10km at Changi Coast Road is very humid and i have to pour water at the flex-run leg as i can feel the heat in the socket. Had 1 sac of SIS cafine gel. During the run, meet up with this guy and he pace me all the way and also carry a bottle of water for me. Really inspire and appreciate it. Thanks to him.

I manage to get his name in the FB. He is also a member of Sgrunners, Peter Leong.

We reach our first 22km check point and keep running towards ECP and i took 2nd sac of SIS energy gel. During the run we meet up with supporters and they handed over sports drink to me. I also meet up with Mohammad Sukaimi and his family and friends. They cheers us all the way.

Near to 30km i had my 3rd sac of SIS cafine gel. and this time meet up with our friend from Taiwan, he is known as the backward runner. OMG! he is dam fast man! We took photo and ran together near 33km.


with backward runner from Taiwan

Back again to Changi Coast Road and near to 40km had my 4th sac of SIS gel and we reach our first 42km 1st loop before 12 midnight.

I did well in the run and have no experince of tiredness or injury at my leg.

I change my socks and decided not change the shoe as the TNF Arnuva boa that i wear did well and i get ready for the 2nd loop and load up 4 more SIS gels. Had 20mins rest before heading back to the 2nd loop.

Streching back again before start the action.



at the 2nd loop before entering the gate



at the 2nd loop

The first 2km i had a slow walk and spotted Jason who has completed his 21km category and he company me all the way from Avation Road to the traffic light near 3km where i start on running to Changi Coast Road. Jason went back to the race site. During the run spotted one of my friend Moon who is also running ultra but i wanted to pace her but decided not too and i believe she wants to be alone and for me i need to be fast. Reaching the 10km had my 5th sac of SIS energy gel and continue my journey. OMG! i manage to beat few ultra runners who is walking at the ECP Service Road.


at 50km route


at 60km route

I had my 6th sac of SIS cafine jel near 20km and reach the check point and make a u turn back to ECP. Near to 66km i feel not easy at the socket and i decided to stop and adjust the prosthetic leg. About 15mins later when i started to wake up from the seat i felt there's a sharp pain at the back and i continue to walk and reaching near 68km i can feel the pain getting worse and request for help. The volunteers called up the medical team to assist me. I lay on the table with pain and can't even move my body and medic started to cold spray at the back. An ambulance on the way and they have to send me to Changi General Hoapital as they worried it could be serious.

I have to give up the race and don't want to force myself and get worse on it. Anyway i have achieve my ultra up to 68km. I have more upcoming race ahead and why must force yourself. Always listen to your body.

At the hospital a doctor had attended me and request for the xtray. Result will know soon. I am still in pain and can't move. An injection had been given to me to lessen the pain.

Doctor advice me to rest at the moment and hope the soreness at the spine will be recovery soon.

Back again to the race area where i need to collect my belonging. Thanks to Adam, Zul, Jason and Singh who help me carry my bag as i could not do so due to pain.



with Peter Leong showing my doctor report from Hospital


 my spine is pain while Adam on his leg


had our makan at Pasir Ris. OMG! all of us ate nasi briyani while Adam is sleeping at the corner due to his tiredness.

Before heading to Pasir Ris i had recevied a call from one of my friends. He told me that Dr Wong Yue Sie has departed on 28th May 2010. I was shocked as he is the doctor from Singapore General Hospital dept of ortopedik who amputated my leg in Dec 2008 and he always advice me. He also my hero and because of him i started to be a runner. He knows what i want. He knows how to make smooth at the bone area and he told me that i can be back to walk soon. I will always remember him. Good Bye Doctor!

At the Pasir Ris Kopi Thiam i had 1 sac of Xango and took lunch with friends before heading home.

I recevied so many called and sms from friends and fans. They really concern on me and i wish them congrat and well done on the race and i also recevied  nagative from few runners who says i have not train enough and also need to have massage.

Thanks for the nagative parts as i know my body well and it's not they to judge but God. You can go for so many massage, training or even attend course but you can't predict the future. Once again thank you to the nagative runners or person and i think they are the Big Loser!

To all my runners friends rest well and keep hydrate yourself and to all who has been complete the race, congrat and well done and for those who have not why need to be down? You too had done well and learn from mistake and see you guys in 2011 Sundown.!


HOORAY TO ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Bro, I saw you running at the ultra. You're an inspiration to everyone. =)
    -Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shariff, you are amazing. You were my inspiration throughout my 84km run. Really wouldn't have done it without you. Keep it up! Hope to see you run the Sahara sometime soon :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE SECTION

MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRATION QUOTE.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE.

MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRATION PROGRAM AND SEMINARS.

Upcoming seminars:-

PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT.

Pledge your support.

Just click on the picture to pledge your support. Thank You.