SINGAPORE 1st BLADE RUNNER

Total Pageviews

DAILY WRITE UP!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

39th National Track and Field Championship 2011.

Journal for 39th Track and Field Championship 2011
This afternoon I was so frustrated waiting to get a cab from Yishun Ring Road to Serangoon Stadium. I waited under the sun for almost 35 mins and try to call the hot line for a cab and no taxis are available. While waiting there is a Caucasian guy who stop his car and approached me where do I want to go? I thank him so much for the concern on me but I refuse to take his offer as he is heading to Orchard Road and me to Serangoon. Anyway he thanks me and left the place. Finally I manage to get a cab.
Reaching at Serangoon Stadium the first thing I saw my picture on the banners with some other athletes at the entrance and prize giving stage. Thanks to Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) Hey! Meet up with old friends and my former Coach Jacter Singh. Finally I manage to get my bib no 003 and represent for Handicap Welfare Association (HWA)
As usual did my warm up and test run around the field. Everything goes well and waited for my name to be call. While waiting I keep cheering other special athletes and at times I could not control myself and so emotion to see the spirit of never give up at these athletes. I told them, all of us is a winner and no one’s is a loser just FOCUS and do your best!
Every 30mins I keep doing my warm up and finally they call my name and I need to report at the holding room. Wah! It took me almost 5hrs to wait for my turn. HEY WAIT a minute! Category for 1500 meters and confirms I am the only T44 athlete to run on the track!!! But because of time limit I have no choice to run with 4 other school athletes. Wah! Below i8 vs. 43 years old, cool man!
I was at lane no. 8 with the other athletes. Have a short prayer and the gun shot. My first competitor was in front and I was on the second running on the slow pace and when the finale bells rang I put up my speed and run all the way and when I cross the finisher line I won the 3rd place but the first in my own category and congrats to them. I know my timing is good but let’s keep confidential. NICE!
Ladies and Gentlemen’s, 1500 meters, 1st goes to Saiful and 2nd goes to an Indian boy and now Men’s Open T44 athlete from HWA 1st goes to Md Shariff Abdullah (SBR) clap! clap! Clap! I went up there and took the medal from President of Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) Mr. Frankie. Thanks to him and I slowly went back to my seat and told Sidek Nooazah now all is over and see this place again in 2012.
Lots of my friends and competitors want me to come back next year but more. I mean 100m, 200m, 400m, 1500m, javelin, shot putt and discus. Also they want me to form a relay team for the amputees so by next year we can go for the international games on running. Well! I could not promise anything but I got my other plans too.  Too early to said anything.
Firstly thanks to Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) JP Morgan and other sponsors, the volunteers, my wife, friends for cheering, FB friends for wishing me and special thanks to Sidek Nooazah who company me all the way and her skins turn darker for sitting under the sun hehehe!
In the past we are failure and now we are success, keep going and never give up on hope.
Best Regards,
Singapore Blade Runner












No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE SECTION

MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRATION QUOTE.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE.

MOTIVATIONAL AND INSPIRATION PROGRAM AND SEMINARS.

Upcoming seminars:-

PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT.

Pledge your support.

Just click on the picture to pledge your support. Thank You.